February 19, 2013

Bambi by Onszelf

I have quite a love for deer. The movie 'Bambi' made me howl (yes not just cry but hide under my chair & sob) when I was four. This is a story that after 36 years, my mother still cannot understand my over reaction to such a placid film. 
I love their 'super cuteness' (as my son calls it) they are such a divine animal, and very VERY TASTY!
 My father in law, Mr Griffin, hunts these animals in Fiordland in New Zealand and I have to say he has an impressive collection of heads and even more impressive are his multitude of hunting stories which are strangely addictive. 
So here is to this beautiful animal and all the joy it brings to the conisour who loves a divine piece of meat, the dedicated hunter, the interior designer and of course, the animal lover. 



No comments:

Post a Comment